My husband and I took our children to Dreamworld for the first time recently and it was so much fun. I had never actually been into the young children's areas before and i was a little unsure about how much my kids would actually be able to do, being only one and two years old.
I thought i would share what it was like and a few tips if you are planning on visiting Dreamworld anytime soon with very young children.
- Buy a season pass if you live close by or think you might attend a few times a year. This is definitely handy if you have young children as you can just go in for a few hours and not feel like you should stay a whole day to get your monies worth. It doesn't cost much more to get a season pass, check out the prices here.
- Get a brochure of the daily activities and shows that are on and plan your day around them. A few of the shows only occur once or twice a day so it's easy to miss them.
- The food is the usual theme park cuisine, predominately fast and deep fried, and is pretty expensive so eat before you go, take snacks along and budget food costs into your day plus take lots of water unless you are happy to pay around $6 for a small bottle full.
- Take a pram as the park is very large so you will be doing a lot of walking. There is a great train ride and they can accommodate prams in a special carriage so you won't be too constricted with a single pram or stroller. You will have some difficulty with a side by side pram down some of the lines for the rides and also on the train.
- Try and go on a week day and out of the holiday period as it is much quieter and the queues to get on rides are much shorter. Our children would only last around 15 minutes max in a line so i don't think i would go at a peak time with very young children as lengthly ride queues would be very difficult.
- There are good parents facilities available throughout the park, a little dated but still with all the necessary things needed for little ones changing and feed times.
Overall it was a great few hours and my daughter is still chatting about the fun she had there, weeks after we went. Her stand out of the day was the Wiggles performance and the ball pit attraction.
My family and i attended Dreamworld as guests of Tourism and Events QLD.